TAY Trust Funds Information:
General Endowment: This fund is the repository for all donations made to the temple trust fund that are not otherwise designated to a specific fund. In addition, ten percent of all income earned by the Named Funds are transferred to this General Endowment Fund.
- The Temple receives ninety percent of the income earned by this fund to support general operating expenses of the Temple each year.
Named Funds: There are 54 different Named Funds of the Trust created by their benefactors to support the long-term financial needs of the Temple. Donations to any of these individual Named Funds is an appropriate way to remember a Yarzheit or to honor a Mitzvah of the benefactor or their family.
- The Temple receives ninety percent of the income earned by these funds to support the general operating expenses of the Temple each year.
Restricted Funds: There are 16 Restricted Fund of the Trust created by their benefactors to support specific programming through the Temple. Donations to any of these individual Restricted Funds is an appropriate way to to remember a Yarzheit or to honor a Mitzvah of the benefactor or their family or to enhance and offer continued and lasting support to targeting programing.
- Most Restricted Funds provide that ninety percent of income from the fund is used to support the specific programming. The remaining ten percent of the income is used to increase the principal balance for the fund, the objective of which is to increase the financial contributions over time.
Managed Funds: There are four Managed Funds of the Temple. These are funds which the Temple Board of Directors had established and for which the Trust Committee invests on behalf of the Temple but which are not subject to the Agreement of Trust. The objective for these funds is to increase the value of the holdings until the monies are needed by the Temple. Donations to any of these funds would be appropriate to provide the Temple additional future liquidity in support of the purpose of the specific fund.
- One hundred percent of the income from these funds is reinvested back into the funds annually. The Temple Board of Directors can request a distribution from these funds, up to their full value, at any time.
Special Accounts: There are three Special Accounts within the trust, which like the Restricted Funds, were established by their benefactors for supporting specific programming within the Temple community. However, unlike the Restricted Funds, monies from these funds can only be used to support the specific programming of the Temple Adath Yeshurun Brotherhood. Donations to any of these funds would be appropriate to enhance and offer continued and lasting support to targeting programing.
- These accounts have specific restrictions on how income, and in some instances, principal can be accessed by the Brotherhood.
Restricted Funds and their purpose:
- Marilyn and Milton Corwin Scholarship Fund – Provides financial aid support to the Temple regional school students.
- Steven Goldstein Youth Leadership Scholarship Fund – Provides financial support for youth leadership programs.
- Debbie and Murray Grant Adult Education Fund – Provides financial support for adult education programming.
- Mitchell & Sophie Muskat Fund – Provides financial aid support to children of TAY members for summer camp.
- Joseph & Sarah Nightingale Fund – Provides funding for a book or award to the “outstanding” confirmation student.
- Lou Smith Memorial Series – Provides seed money for programs of the Temple.
- TAY Religious School Fund – Provides financial support of the Temple religious school.
- Martin & Diane Trust Building Maintenance Fund – Provides financial support to maintain the physical plant of the Temple building.
- Sarah & William Zelinsky Holocaust Education Fund – Provides financial support for programing dealing with the Holocaust.
- TAY Cemetery Perpetual Care Fund – Provides financial support of the Manchester Hebrew Cemetery operations and maintenance costs.
- Brotherhood Trust Fund – Provides financial support to the Temple Adath Yeshurun religious school.
- Deeva Rosenzweig Social Action Fund – Provides financial support for social action programming within the temple community.
- Short Family Youth Fund – Provides financial support to promote the involvement of temple youth in cultural, social and religious activities designed to strengthen Jewish identity and community.
Managed Funds and their Purpose:
- Building Fund – To support long term capital and operating needs of the Temple building (i.e.: a new roof, repair/replace air conditioning, heating systems, etc.).
- Holocaust Memorial Fund – To support the maintenance and upkeep of the Holocaust memorial in the Temple courtyard.
- Board Discretionary Fund – To support any funding need of the Temple, outside of the Temple annual budget as determined by the Temple Board of Directors.
- Torah Fund – To support funding needs for acquisition, repair or maintenance of the torahs, or for the enhancement of the ark area of the Temple.
Special Accounts and their Purpose:
- Etta Berman Fund – Income from this fund is transferred annually to the Samuel Sugarman Scholarship Fund.
- Samuel Sugerman Scholarship Fund – All income and up to $200 in principal can be used to fund a college level scholarship awarded by Brotherhood.
- Rabbi Starr Interfaith Fund – Ninety percent of the income is used to support interfaith programming within the temple community as directed by the Brotherhood.
Named Funds of the Temple:
- Aaron & Ida Alter Fund
- Ruth & Naomi Alter Fund
- Etta Berman Estate Fund
- Maurice & Beatrice Bronstein Fund
- Benjamin Cohen
- Channing & Phyllis Eluto Fund
- Charles C. Eluto Fund
- Jennie & Mandel Eluto Fund
- Maurice & Martha Eluto Fund
- Roland & Sonora Eluto Fund
- Charlotte Fisher Fund
- Celia Fishman White Fund
- Louis & Alice Forman Fund
- Edythe & Jacob Foster II Fund
- Myer & Ethel Friedman Family Trust Fund
- Anne & Harold R. Goldberg Fund
- Judith & Michael Goldsmith Fund
- Ethel & Saul Greenspan Fund
- Robert Jolton Brotherhood Fund
- Lillian & Samuel B. Jacobson Fund
- Bessie & Louis Kagen Memorial Fund
- Louis & Ray Kalgstein
- Michael A. Kaplan Fund
- Harry & Sophie Katz Fund
- Maurice & Dorothy Katz Fund
- William & Marion Katz Fund
- Paul & Bernice Kesslen Fund
- Maurice K. Levy Family Fund
- Sylvia & Milton Machinist Fund
- Helene & Louis Miller Fund
- Beatrice G. Porter Fund
- Harry & Freida Miller Fund
- Hyman Reingold Fund
- Sidney Samuels Fund
- Alex Shapiro Family Fund
- Morris & Sadie Silver Fund
- Lou Smith Fund
- Max & Dora Solomon Fund
- Louis Spector Fund
- Spierer Family Trust Fund
- Samuel Sessler Fund
- Bernice & Robert Silberberg Fund
- Stahl Family Fund
- Evelyn Stahl & Rose Stahl Fund
- Shelby Tocman Fund
- Richard Tolpin Fund
- Rose & Max Trust Memorial Fund
- Herman Werner Family Fund
- Richard & Fran Winneg Fund
- Hyman & Rosalie Wishkin Fund
- Alice Winston Fund
- John & Rose Zelinsky Fund
- Sarah & William Zelinsky Fund
- Cecilia Zerwick Fund
- Isadore and Lucille Zimmerman Fund
Held by the Trust. Principal available to the Temple.
- Board Discretionary Fund
- Building Fund
- Holocaust Fund
- Torah Fund
SPECIAL PURPOSE FUNDS
Held by the Temple. Principal used to support specific Temple functions.
- Adult Education Fund
- Alex Shapiro Building Improvement Fund
- Bud Baron Ritual Fund
- Chesed Fund
- Janice Whittaker Music Fund
- Library Fund
- MANTY Fund
- Prayerbook Fund
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund